Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Which job would you take and why?

Job 1 - $50k salary in downtown Pittsburgh, where I currently live. I have family here who I like but not many friends. I would like the subject matter of this job a whole lot and I could see myself getting very passionate about it. No idea what I would earn in the second year, but possibly 50k again. I would not feel like I had my own business, which is important to me.



Job 2 - Possibly $78k the first year and $55k the second year (don't ask, it's very complicated). This amount would not require more work than the first job. This would be an hour south of Pittsburgh in a VERY small town. I'd have to commute everyday at least for a few months. It would not be an employee position but an independent contractor position. I would not like the subject matter as much, but I would feel like I had my own business. I have no family or friends in this area and would eventually have to move to a small town near this place. I could still see family though, because it wouldn't be that far away. It's important to me to be able to go to nice restaurants and cultural and sporting events every once in a while.



What do would you do?Which job would you take and why?
To me the answer is simple and obvious, and I think it is clear to you as well, based on how you presented the options. In short, the most important thing is to spend your time doing something you are passionate about. If you are, it will show in your work, you will become in demand and the money will come like you never thought about.



I like to think that there are 3 eight hour sections to the day (approx) - the first is spent sleeping, the second is spent doing laundry, shopping and having fun. The third and most alert part of your day is spent at work. Make sure that THAT part of the day is spent doing something that stimulates your mind.



Good Luck!Which job would you take and why?
Liking what you do is #1

If not many friends ~ maybe new location would find more

Also moving out on your own might help you grow independent



but first and foremost~~ is liking your job

which one do you think you would like better!! regardless of pay???



that is the job you should take

No comments:

Post a Comment