Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I need help deciding what kind of business to start.?

Here are some details about me: I am a 21 year old female living in Pittsburgh, PA. I just graduated and received my B.S. in Secondary Education, but can't find a job teaching. I am now working on my 2nd bachelor's in Accounting. I work full time for Merrill Lynch doing collections on past due mortgages.



Here are my interests and experience:



Although I am only 21, I have a lot of work experience in a wide variety of fields. I have worked as a manager in fast food for about 4 years, several administrative jobs, fitness instructor, 2 years call center experience, I am very good with kids of all ages.



I want to invest my money into a business and I just need an idea - not sure what I want to open. My family are all very experienced in a wide variety of fields and are willing to help.



My ideas are:



A daycare or some type of child services business

Food/Restaurant





Any other ideas? Or any tips?I need help deciding what kind of business to start.?
The very first thing to approach this situation is to spend a few moments to figure out what excites you or what moves you. The next step is to fingure out how you can make some money doing it.



It is important to do something that you enjoy because in starting a business you will be doing it most of your available time.



Since you are studying accounting (my field) the reference site may be an option.
I will give you my private answer if u e mail me at contessa4_ever yahoo dont want to put it on wwwI need help deciding what kind of business to start.?
Perhaps setting up a business to tutor children for a fee is good? Tutors are ALWAYS in demand and serious parents are always willing to pay for quality service for their children's education.
Starting up a daycare is a good idea. There will always be a need for childcare providers.



I sell Mary Kay Cosmetics. I paid the $100 for the start-up kit. I sell to family and friends and make a 50% profit. I also go to school and this works well with my schedule. You can work full or part-time-any hours/days/evenings you want and you are your own boss.
I'm confused about why you can't find a teaching job in such a huge city and with credentials. Perhaps your heart is divided between kids and accounting.



My suggestion is that you contact the local colleges and high schools and ask if they have a test that shows aptitude. I'm sorry I don't know the name of the test but I've taken two of them. they ask all the right questions to show where your heart is including how you want to dress at work, how much public contact you want etc...



Also, I strongly recommend "The E-Myth" by Michael Gerber. It will help you with the stucture of your company and save time, money, and frustration.



Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment