Friday, February 24, 2012

I'm moving to Pittsburgh this June (from Chicago). Do you have recommendations for neighborhoods to move to?

I'm a female in my early 20s and moving to Pittsburgh this June from Chicago after I graduate. I'm starting apartment searching now, and not sure what neighborhoods to move into. I'm familiar with some neighborhoods, but looking on Craigslist, I found some great apartments, but don't know the areas and if they're good or not. I'm used to crazy traffic, high taxes, unreliable public transportation, and busy, fast-paced city life, and want to settle down a little.



It's a dream list, but if you could help me out, that'd be greatly appreciated!



- Either close to the T, buses, or less than 35-40 mins driving distance from downtown

- Nice, safe, cute neighborhood - somewhere I feel comfortable in

- Close to restaurants and shops

- Not a frat/sorority or college party area



If you have any ideas/suggestions/recommendations/stuff to look out for - really anything - I'd really appreciate you taking the time to respond!



Thanks so much!I'm moving to Pittsburgh this June (from Chicago). Do you have recommendations for neighborhoods to move to?
Almost every suburb is 3 to 40 minutes of downtown... It really all depends on where you will be working and how dependent you are are public transit! There are many trendy, yet out of the way places close to town, Shadyside being one of them..Between Pittsburgh and the airport are areas like Moon Township and Robinson.. I live a bit further out but can still be downtown in 25 minutes.I'm moving to Pittsburgh this June (from Chicago). Do you have recommendations for neighborhoods to move to?
I would suggest Mt Lebanon, Upper St Clair, Bethel Park - right on the T, awesome school districts and family communities. Easy to get to other areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment