Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm graduating from college in December. Based on the listed criteria, where should I live?

I grew up in a small town in Northwestern Pennsylvania and am currently attending the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown pursuing my Bachelor's degree in communication. I will be graduating on December 19th (yay!) and I have no idea where I should move to start my new life. I have done a lot of research but in all honesty I am having trouble narrowing down cities.



My major criteria are:



-Beach beach beach. I want to live within an hour of a beach with relatively warm and sunny weather year round...BUT I don't want to be evacuating my home and city every year due to hurricanes and flooding.



-I want a a city with a good nightlife; bars, comedy clubs, theaters (both movie and civic theaters), etc.



-I'd like a city with a lot of things to do (growing up my only choices of leisure were the mall or bowling alley, *yawn*), i.e. many different restaurants, museums, clubs, etc.



-I despise heavy traffic. I don't mind some mild rush hour waiting but I just drove in Pittsburgh Saturday morning and it took 30 minutes to get two blocks. Grrr!



-I want a pet-friendly city, one with parks, apartments, and such that allow dogs and cats.



-I want a city with a low crime rate and a great job market (Raleigh is doing great despite these depressing economic times but it's a little too far from the beach).



-A city with generally nice, educated, and friendly people is a plus. I hate prejudism and rednecks.



I don't know, maybe this is asking a lot but I want to find a city that I fall in love with. I don't want to go to a place and be stuck there and hating it.



Thanks for any insights! :)I'm graduating from college in December. Based on the listed criteria, where should I live?
Honolulu, HawaiiI'm graduating from college in December. Based on the listed criteria, where should I live?
They don't get them too often. There is a rainy season though which can put a damper on things for a few months.

Report Abuse

  • lake compounce
  • shop bop
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment