Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My niece and I were invited to a Japanese steakhouse. Should we go?

Would they have noodles on their menu? I often make these zucchini noodle strips from home, and I add in a raw pasta sauce. My niece absolutely loves them! Would they have something similar there? I have had bad experiences with Asian waiters so I'm a little bit reluctant this time.My niece and I were invited to a Japanese steakhouse. Should we go?
Veggie tempura. Yum!!!



Most Asian cultures embrace vegetarian entrees and sides, including the Japanese. Don't feel ostracized there, as I am sure you will both find something to your liking, and they will be happy to cook for you. You'll have a great time and eat some great food.



Don't forget to tip your Hibachi chef!
I'm vegan and half Japanese. If you're just vegetarian, then you're fine. There should be enough salads and veggie dishes, but there may not be. The last time I went to those places, I had quite a time finding anything without meat that was substantial enough to eat. If you're vegan, then I'd be cautious. Japanese put fish flakes as seasoning in everything. So if it's real Japanese chefs and recipes, then you're gonna end up eating animal products. It's in the soups, sauces, and entrees. Not to mention the MSG! That is why I just make it myself or turn a blind eye at Japanese restaurants. I would say noodles at a steakhouse is highly unlikely. Japanese love to put a creamy dressing on salads so you better ask what dressing they serve. If possible, ask for Japanese dressing (wafu, oil based with sesame seeds) or just ponzu sauce (citrus flavored soy sauce).My niece and I were invited to a Japanese steakhouse. Should we go?
If it is an authentic Japanese steakhouse then it should be awesome. Japanese waiters are extremely polite and hardworking. The problem is that many restaurants just slap the title "Japanese" onto their store signs so that they can charge more for the food. Also, the food and ways of preparing it are completely non-Japanese at these fake places.



(If they start throwing silverware and tossing food in your mouth with a spatula, you're not in an authentic one. haha)
There has never been anything similar zucchini noodle strips with raw pasta sauce served at any Japanese steakhouse I've been to. If you're raw vegan, you can order a side salad (ginger dressing is often mostly raw, and the salad at these places never has cheese, egg, meat, etc) And ask for the teppanyaki vegetables plain and raw instead of cooked on the grill. There is often fresh fruit available. That would be pretty much it. I would look for the menu online, or call the restaurant and ask for any menu options that would be appropriate for you.
If you are 100% Raw the Steak house is tough. I went to 1 last night for my Grand-lass' Natal Day: I had Veggie Sushi, Salad, Onion Soup %26amp; Stir fried Veggie with steamed rice. Fried Rice has egg in it. They have other Veggie dishes, Veggie Tempura was one I was considering: Battered deep Fried Vegetables the batter in just flour %26amp; water(no egg)

LOL my waiter was not Asian but my Chef was.
i think they're overrated. I think they're expensive and the food really isn't that good. Don't get me wrong, it's decent food and it's fun to see the chef work his magic, but one time is enough. It's alright, but if you've been there and no, they don't have that zucchini noodle dish.
You should go. They will have many vegetarian/vegan dishes for you to enjoy. Ask for a wholesome carrot sesame salad, they are great.
If you have questions about the menu than why not call an have your questions answered. I have only been once but did enjoy it.
Call them and ask about their menu.
Go if you have nothing to do or if you wanna try the food their?

No comments:

Post a Comment