Friday, March 9, 2012

Healthy food at a Japanese steakhouse?

I'm on a strict diet right now and was wondering if what I'm planning to get tonight at the restaurant is ok for my diet. What I was going to get is Miso Soup, one avocado roll and one salmon roll. Is this healthy?Healthy food at a Japanese steakhouse?
Yes, but the miso soup has alot of sodium. You can replace it with a cucumber or seaweed salad. If you're just concerned about calories, your plan sounds healthy.
If you're on such a strict diet, why are you going to a steakhouse?



If you don't have choice, keep the following in mind:



* Get steamed rice, not fried.

* Miso soup is fairly healthy but high in sodium (most Japanese food is - can't escape it.)

* Get the chicken or salmon - grilled, no sauce (or just sauce on the side.)Healthy food at a Japanese steakhouse?
Miso Soup normally contains enormous amount of sodium, I would suggest as the person above me suggested to get seaweed salad.



Or I would just ask to get delicate stir fry of vegetables.
Sushi seems healthy, but most people eat too much of it in one sitting. Two rolls is a bit much for one person in my opinion.



I'd get the salmon teriyaki. Get it with brown rice if they have it.
  • online puzzle games
  • pearson prentice hall
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment