Friday, March 9, 2012

Japanese Steakhouse....okay to eat at during pregnancy?

Mom says its full of salt and might not be a good idea. But I've been craving it a long time and if I get off of limited activity in time to go to the play we have tickets too I want to eat at our Japanese Steakhouse...its pricy but so goodJapanese Steakhouse....okay to eat at during pregnancy?
iv eaten at a Japanese Steakhouse...hmm probably about 5 times through my pregnancy. I love it, its sooo yummy, i go to the one where they cook the food in front of you.



HMM NOW I WANT SOME!!!
Unless you have a heart condition, salt isn't bad for you. You actually need some salt in your diet to ensure you get enough iodine. I'd say go for it...eating at a Japanese steak house is no different from eating anywhere else while pregnant. And I don't notice the food being any saltier than anywhere else. :) If anything, it's healthier than most other restaurants because all the food is lean (white meat chicken, well trimmed steak, etc.) and it's cooked on a nearly dry grill with very little oil. They also serve you lots of vegetables, and you can get brown rice instead of white, if you want. Tell your mom to mind her own business.Japanese Steakhouse....okay to eat at during pregnancy?
As long as you don't eat sushi, or shrimp then you will be fine, once is not gonna hurt you even if it does have salt, I eat at our local japanese steak house all the time, I just eat the chicken.
Its not wise to eat like that all the time, but once should be fine. You can expect to have some swelling afterwards though. Just keep your feet up and drink plenty of water! Best wishes and have fun!
If you aren't having trouble with high blood pressure or swelling then you should be ok just once. If your doctor has told you to watch your salt intake then you probably shouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment